Last Friday, Miss Elaina turned 9 months old.
Today I took her to the pediatrician and she's just Perfect!
(Like we didn't know that already!?!)
She weighs in at 17lbs 12oz and is 29" long!
25-50% for weight and 90% for length, HA!
Long and lean machine!
A few other tidbits about our lovely second child...
1) She is a Mama's girl, all the way! I like and dislike this at the same time. Sometimes it's so nice to feel like you are the most important thing in the world to someone. You are the one who can make the tears stop, the one who can soothe and cuddle the best... it's Great! This however, also means that you have a permanent attachment. One that screams her head off if you leave her sight when she "needs" you, so just forget about doing the laundry in peace or trying to wash dishes. (I have discovered these are incredibly difficult tasks to do one-handed). Fortunately, she isn't in "mama-mode" 24/7, it's just tough when she is.
2) She is a Happy girl! She has a great grin (big gap in her top teeth, just like Lila) and shares her smiles with almost everyone. This did not include our pediatrician this morning, however. He walked into the room with a smile and his soft voice and all he got was the serious glare of apprehension. We giggled about it at the end of the visit, as she never cracked a HINT of a smile the whole time, but never once took her eyes off him! "Who are you and just what exactly are you planning on doing to me?" Haha!
3) She is eating table food like a champ and has suddenly developed a Monster appetite! She's always been a bit of a light eater, just a little bird... but she must be in a growth spurt, cause this girl wants more, More, MORE!!!
4) She babbles all the time, "ba-ba-ba-ba", "da-da-da-da", and "spijsljfli;lgjfffffff" currently are her favorite words! She can walk behind her push toy very well, and stands on her own (when she isn't paying attention to the fact she can do it). She is mesmerized by the Baby Einstein videos, just as Lila was, and likes when mommy sings to her!
5) She is so much like her Daddy, it's a little spooky! From her looks, to her mannerisms, to the tiny personality peeking out more every day.... it's all Ryan! I wonder some days if there is any of me in there at all?!
What a wonderful little girl we have!
Ellie Grace, we love you to the moon and back!