Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas photos

Christmas is over and I am, as always, amazed at how quick it has come and gone.

We had a very enjoyable Christmas.
Family filled our home for most of the holiday.
We ate, LOTS, and enjoyed the good company.

We watched our children open gifts and play with their new treasures.
We spent time with those that matter the most.

Now, I'm sitting here looking through pictures and I have mixed emotions.
Being a person who likes to get that perfect photo, I'm a little dissapointed.
I don't feel that I captured the true joy in Lila's opening gifts, or Ellie's great giggle while watching her sister. 
I didn't get that great group/family photo. 
Honestly, I didn't even get one single photo of Ryan and I with the girls. 
:(

Being a mother, wife, daughter, sister.... I'm delighted!
I spent the holiday being PART of the holiday, not just behind the camera. I spent my time enjoying the company that filled my home.  Watching my children be loved and adored by grandmas/grandpas/aunties, etc.  This makes me happy!  I will appreciate the photos I have, and I will watch the clips of video I took, and remember what a great Christmas it was!

Thank you so much to all our family that made the trip to our house!  We LOVED having everyone here!  And thank you for all the wonderful gifts, we are so blessed!

Now.... prepare for the crazy amount of pictures!

1) Christmas with Papa Dave and family!

2) Christmas Eve

helping Daddy unwrap his present!
... the stockings were hung



Lila took this picture!
Bedtime stories



3) Christmas morning with Grandma Barb and Papa Rich



4) Christmas Day with Grandma Brenda and Grandpa Alan (Auntie Brent too!)

Lila eating our traditional Potato soup for the first time!  She loved it!

Some of the great homemade gifts we were given!
I unfortunately didn't even get my camera out one time at the Bongard Christmas, so I'm going to rely on my aunties to help me out with some photos of the day!  I come from a long line of avid shutterbugs, so I KNOW there were at lease a "few" pictures taken!   Ahem...  Dolly?  Becky?  anyone?

What a blessed Christmas indeed!

1 comment:

  1. You managed to get quite a few photos Ana! Way more than me ha! They are all great...your girlies are adorable :). Glad you had a nice Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!