Sunday, October 24, 2010

Play time


Ryan is gone hunting for the weekend.

Elaina is sleeping.

I'm sitting on the floor "eating" a piece of plastic corn on the cob!
And I LOVE it!

The house is a disaster, I have pictures that are DYING to be edited (more on that later), and there is a mountain of laundry that really should get done, but Lila came over, tugged on my hand and said
"mommy play? pees?"

How do you say  no to that?
So that's what we did last night.  For over 30 minutes, Lila had 100% of my undivided attention, a rare thing.  We enjoyed our "dinner" of pizza, eggs, corn on the cob, soup (with bread for dipping... I'm not joking), and she served me both coffee and water which were every bit as delicious as I told her!   She made sure to blow on my food so it wasn't too hot ( "Cool down mama"), and even made me proud with all of her spontaneous please and thank you's!
It was a good night!

Maybe I'll tackle the laundry today...
or not.

1 comment:

I love comments!