Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Cheesecake, Cucumber Salsa, and Jalapeno Poppers... Oh my!

Seriously, my hubby was on a baking spree over the holiday weekend! I gave him the occasional hand here and there, but this was largely his project!

Last week I decided to make a dessert a friend of mine recommended on her blog...
Strawberry Rhubarb Pudding Cake (Thank you Danica!), it was DELISH!!! YUM!

This prompted more baking/cooking desire

(Lila liked "helping" Daddy!)

Three cheesecakes, 2 dry-rubbed and smoked meats, bowl of cucumber-corn salsa, and batch of jalapeno poppers were the result! All in all, pretty darn tasty!!!





Traditional cheesecake!
Smooth, creamy, lots of crust = PERFECT!





















I know you want a piece!



















Cucumber-corn Salsa; light, fresh, so good on Scoops!














Cream Cheese stuffed Jalapeno Poppers!
A little hot for my taste, but devoured by Ryan and our neighbor!







Our Memorial weekend was one of the most uneventful, relaxed, and DELIGHTFUL holiday weekends we've had in years! Honestly, we had a few social visits, but spent the majority of the long weekend just relaxing with the girls!

I have to throw out 2 quick Happy Birthdays...
My Mom's was on Sunday ( I LOVE YOU!) and my sister-in-law Kim's was yesterday!!! Happy Birthday to you both!

Some pics to enjoy!




Check out those gorgeous blues and perfect pouty lips!















Sleepy baby!























Eins is 4 weeks old!





















Darling chubby feet! Painted toes and tan lines= LOVE



















Conversation between sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!