Friday, June 18, 2010

The countdown to Monday

This is my last weekend of maternity leave.

BOO :(

I go back to work on Monday after 8 weeks home and I want to cry just thinking about it. We are very lucky that Ryan has some vacation time left, so he's going to stay home a few days to help me transition. Also, this means Elaina doesn't have to start daycare for another 2 weeks, which makes me REALLY happy. Much easier to leave the girls with Daddy, than someone else!























The weird thing is, I'm also HOPING to go back to work.... with all this chaotic nursing strike mess, I just want a job to go back to!

I know there are many strong, opinionated, nurses out there fighting for the union and it's not that I don't agree with their principals, but ultimately... at the end of the day, my family comes first! Hands down, no questions asked. There is a reason I work full time. There is a reason I'm returning from maternity leave after only 8 weeks instead of 12. I love my co-workers, and I want to support them, but I have to do what I have to do to take care of the ones I love the most!
On Monday I will go and vote against an open-ended strike, and until then I will continue to pray that both sides of this can be reasonable and come to some middle ground. As one of my co-workers put it... "lets just put on our big girl panties and get to work!" Moving on....


Ryan and I were visited by my mom and step-dad unexpectedly on Wednesday evening! They brought dinner and we grilled delicious tenderloin steaks (on sale at Cub this week!), peppers, onions, potatoes, and mushrooms!!! YUMMY! Then my sister came to visit yesterday, it was so great! I love the fact that now that my mom is easing out of the studio and Alex is finished (almost) with school, they can see the girls more! It was so fun!

Although the week has been up and down, weather-wise (weren't those storms crazy last night?!), today looks like a great day to break out the kiddie pool with Lila and sit and enjoy a PB&J, an apple, and probably some white cheddar popcorn outside! If I'm really motivated, I might even take a walk with the girls to the post-office to get a few baby gifts off to some friends of mine! Baby Iyla and Baby Pricilla, don't worry, it's coming!!
The whole family slept great last night (another 8 hour night for Ellie, that's 3 in a row for those keeping track), so we're all feeling great and looking forward to a GREAT weekend! Ryan and I have a planned date night tomorrow and the girls will spend the night with Grandma Barb and Grandpa Rich!!! SO excited!

Have a good weekend, I plan to!
Check out the cute video snippets at the bottom!

My mom and Alan with the girls!

























Alex snuggling with Ellie!

















After the storm photos!

I love storm season, so beautiful!































































No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!