Monday, April 2, 2012

Wow, what a week!

Normally, January through March are kind of "slow" months.
Not a whole lot going on, just your average day-to-day stuff, but this year...

It seems like it's been CRAZY!

This past week flew by and here it is, Monday again.
The recap...

Tuesday night, I was lucky enough to find someone to cover the first 4 hours of my shift, so 
my sister and I could go and see Cirque Du Soleil - Immortal.
It was AWESOME!  I had so much fun, Thank you Alex!
Doing our MJ poses ~ yes, we're dorks!
I was really bummed when I had to leave early to make it to work on time :(
Work was busy though, so I'm sure they are happy I showed up!

Thursday, after a short sleep, I picked up the girls at daycare and went to the cities to meet my family for dinner before work.  My brother Jeff, his wife and kids were in town from Louisiana for a short visit, and we wanted to catch up (even briefly).  It was great to see them, I only wish it had been for more than an hour. 
 Lila made fast friends with her cousin Bella Grace (they are only a week apart in age) and cried when we had to leave! Ha, too cute!   

Work that night was INSANE... and I came home so exhausted I could barely stand.

Friday night was pretty uneventful, (I was still pretty much useless from my Thursday shift.)  Saturday was date night for Ry and I, the girls spent the night with Grandma Barb and Grandpa Rich!  We did all sorts of fun date-like stuff, such as:  picking up rolls of carpet, and shopping at Sam's Club!  Ha!  But we also enjoyed a great dinner at Bonfire and spent a quiet night/morning at home!  

Yesterday, we impatiently waited for the sun to come out and got some things done around the house.  When the sun finally made it's appearance, we all headed outside and soaked up every last bit! (Seriously, Ryan ended up with sunburn.  SUNBURN on April 1st??? I'll take it!)
Had to get the grass cut (again... April 1st people!?)

We burned some serious calories working on cleaning up the back of our yard.  It was a tangled overgrown mess of vines and crap shrubs, and now looks cleaned up and ready for some flowers and berry bushes!!! So excited!

It's back to work for me tonight for another 3 days, then I'll head into my GLORIOUS week off!  Maybe I'll get a chance to tackle the rest of the never-ending list of things to do around here!
Gotta run, we plan to dye some Easter eggs today and I still have a mountain of laundry to finish!
Happy Monday!

**Also, Miss Elaina has been doing suprisingly Fantastic with her potty training
and I'm pleased to report that in just one weeks' time, she now wears undies all day!
(With exception of naps and bedtime!) 
We are so proud of her!
Diaper free home... Here We Come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!