Sunday, July 24, 2011

Reidner Lane

I was 14 years old when I first spent time at the cabin on Reidner Lane.
I fell in love with the little yellow trailer, quirky wind-chimes lined up on the porch.
Playing scrabble, and yatzee, and cribbage.
Floating around on the lake on my raft, taking boat rides in the evenings.
Waking up in the morning to diamonds on the water, hot coffee, and a fresh warm muffin!

Then a few years later, the trailer was moved over a few spots, and the construction started.
The cabin became, not just a summer retreat anymore,
but a permanent, gorgeous, inviting home!
Filled with laughter, and love, and joy!
A place that made you feel happy and relaxed the minute you stepped in.


I've spent countless blissful hours relaxing on the lake.
Time reading, and chatting, and enjoying rum slush.
Ryan proposed to me on the dock, on a beautiful June morning.
Happy times.
The day we got engaged.
Today: 6 + years later.  Last time on the dock.
Tears have been shed here as well.
Beth fought her last battle here.
She spent her last hours here, in the place she loved so much
Now,  it's time to say good-bye to this special place.
Memories were made here, and I will take them with me forever.
But, it's time to make new ones.  In a new place. 
 Today I said good-bye to a time and place that is special to me in so many ways.
 I'm ready for "Hello" to a new home, new futures, and lots more memories to be made!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!