Monday, May 17, 2010

Hello again Sunshine!

Wow! What a great weekend, eh?!

It was full of all kinds of gatherings, projects and lots of SUNSHINE! That's right people... after almost a week straight of rain and gloom, the sun decided to show it's bright face, oh how I love it!

Friday my sister, Alex, graduated from the U of M with her Bachelors in Dental Hygiene, so the girls and I drove up to watch her ceremony. Sadly, trying to handle 2 kiddos at the Northrop didn't go all that well, and I only got to see her walking back down the ramp after accepting her diploma. Boo. Also, could I be any more lame... I forgot the camera in the car. I suck.
We went to dinner at Ichiban's afterwards (only an hour after our reservations) and met Ryan and Alex's boyfriend Brent there. Dinner was tasty, as usual, but Lila was being a total pill and Ellie had a complete poop explosion. Awesome. Oh well, none of it made me any less proud of my baby sister. I love you Lix! So HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!

That night after getting home, we got some rough news. Our dear neighbor Lisa, who watches Lila frequently and we spend many a Friday night with, was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer that has spread to her bone. She has 2 kids, ages 9 and 12 and hearing the news just broke our hearts. She is a strong woman and is very optimistic, but prayers are always helpful, so please send a few extra her way!!!

Saturday was spent around the house on projects and the evening was at our friend Jake's for a BBQ with some awesome Brisket. Way to go Jake, you ROCK!
Yesterday was just lovely, minus a few temper tantrums (they seem to happen more frequently lately). The whole family, including Ellie and little Eins got some time in the sun! I enjoyed this weekend and am sad to have it over, however, being on maternity leave, I'm happy to report I still have another 5 weeks off! Woo Hoo! I'm off to go soak up some more Vit. D while Lila is napping! Happy Sunny Day to you!

Here are some pics from the past week!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I miss baby wearing!! So happy you had such a great weekend! It WAS lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!