Friday, February 10, 2012

The week: Recap

I'm going back to work tonight, after a lovely week off (mostly).
The week was full.  Lots of things going on, but a few nights of just relaxing (as much as you can with 2 little ones)!  
I'm home today, with many tasks on my "to-do" list... cleaning, laundry, etc... but I felt the need to put up a post.

About what...  ?
I don't really know.

Usually, I have a photo that sparks an idea.
Or an event or memory I want to share.
Today, I just feel the need to ramble and write... bear with me.

This week has been an emotional one for me.
I have laughed and cried.  A lot.
I have thought about some major life choices, and some not so major ones.
I have spent time with my children and husband.  
I have spent time with friends.  I have spent time alone.

The girls and I took a trip to the zoo on Monday, and baked Valentine cupcakes on Tuesday!
We've spent a little time outside, enjoying the unseasonably sunny and warm weather!
I got lots of snuggle time with both of them, and have spent the week feeling truly blessed to have such
amazing little people in my life!
Lila showing off our masterpieces!
Silly girl giving Rio some "affection"!  Man, I have patient dogs!
Phone photo:  taking a stroll outside!


On Tuesday night, I picked up a little overtime.
It just so happens that a co-worker of mine, carrying not 1, but 2 little babes decided
that was a good night to bring them into the world!  I was lucky enough to be able to share
in that moment, and capture on camera those miracles! Congrats again Amber and Dan!

I found out yesterday that a friend of mine, had to have a defibrilator placed last week.
A young, vibrant person that now worries about her heart on a daily basis.  

Having lunch with my best friend yesterday, I got to see her little belly bump that is just starting
to pop out with baby #2!  This pregnancy seems to be going much smoother than her first did,
and I love to see her glow and be happy, rather than sick and tired!  

And I think what has carried the most weight this week is Kaiya and Jilanne.
They have been on my mind and in my heart every day.
I pray for them.  For strength, and courage, and comfort.  


I'm now going to finish my cup of coffee, throw in a load of laundry, turn on some calming
music and get stuff done.  Then, when my family comes home this afternoon, I'm going
to soak up every second with them until it's time to head to work.
Be thankful.
Happy Friday!

1 Thessalonians 5:18
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!