Saturday, February 25, 2012

"Playing Doh"

I am not a huge fan of Play-Doh.

It takes up a lot of space, makes a mess, and most often causes some sort of fight between the girls.

Yesterday though, when Lila came out with the box of Play-Doh stuff and said, 
"Ellie really wants to play Doh", I just couldn't say No.
Out came the multiple colors and tools.  Cookie cutters, forks, and the tuna strainer,
(it makes fun little polka dots!) and for once, I enjoyed Playing Doh too!

Those two girls played quietly and contently for almost 20 minutes!
They shared and giggled.  It was almost magical to watch!

And then the very best part.... THEY HELPED CLEAN UP!!!
Without so much as a whine, when they decided they were done, I asked for clean up help
 and they both proceeded to put the colors back in the correct tubs and throw all the accessories back into the box!

Amazing!

Now, I've gotta run.  Ry and I had a nice little date night last night, and thanks to the wonder of my in-laws, we have a full day where the two of us can do some fun stuff.  Ie.  Work on the basement uninterrupted!  I'm just so excited to skim coat my drywall! Ha!  The things you look forward to when you're old, eh?
Have a great Saturday!
 

1 comment:

  1. So happy I am not the only one who isn't a huge fan of Play-Doh. That stuff makes the hugest mess. I have come to a compromise with Carson (since he LOVES it!. He can play with it on days that I clean. That way the vacuum is already upstairs and ready to suck up the mess he leaves he behind.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!