Monday, January 23, 2012

Something Specials

Ever have one of those days where God just taps your shoulder, and reminds you to take a moment to really appreciate?   Those kittle things you usually take for granted, but in the long run... would suffer without.  I've had one of those days today.

Exhausted.
I worked the weekend and still haven't been to bed.
The roads are crap and the ride home took far longer than it normally does.
It's nasty windy out, so even though, we now have a little snow... I'm not taking the girls outside.

But...
When I met Ryan at our designated spot (the Hilton Hotel parking lot),  I saw two beautiful faces in the back seat of his car.  Tap tap... 
Something special.
Actually, TWO something specials!

For whatever the reason, God felt I needed a little reminding of how blessed I am to have my children.
Regardless of how worn out I am, I've had some strange little burst of energy, reserved just for the girls.
The kitchen's still a mess (sorry Ry), I didn't bother to wash my hair in the shower, and I let my diet slip a bit because I was too lazy to cut up some veggies... but I've enjoyed my babies more in the last 6 hours than I have in awhile!  So many snuggles, and stories, and playtime.
We made PB&J sandwichs using a heart shaped pie press and shared cut up strawberries while sitting on the counter.  It's been a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!