Friday, October 7, 2011

Lila's 3rd Birthday!

What a great day!
Lila and I spent all day together, just the two of us!
Daddy was at work, and Elle went to daycare, so all my focus and attention
could be on my special Birthday girl!

She got to sleep in (7am), I was amazed!
Milk with sprinkles and Mickey Mouse pancakes for breakfast!
(Thank you Stacey for the cute idea!)

We baked her cake together (and by bake, I mean threw a box cake together)
We went shopping, then had a picnic outside on the grass while waiting for her appointment.
Wearing her Birthday crown!
Playing in the leaves during our Picnic!

Then she walked in like such a big girl and got her hair cut for the 1st time!
She did pretty well, but the cape was decorated in underwater critters, and she kept wanting
to look down and check out all the designs! Ha!  I was so proud of her.
(I was also proud of me, since I managed to refrain from tearing up.)
not too sure about it at first...

Such a big girl!
We stopped and got some Papa Murphey's pizza to share for dinner,
then home we went! 
She took a nice long nap, and I went to work on her cake. 
Wasn't real sure about the look I was going for, but she had picked out her decorations,
and for reason unknown to me, she was zoned in on Tinkerbell... so here's what she got.
Don't judge me... I'm no Cake Boss.
Doesn't matter, because when she woke up from her nap...
she caught sight of the cake, and lit up like a firework!  
You would think I created a masterpiece, she was THRILLED!

My parents came down and Ryan and Elle were home soon after.
We let her open her presents, and all had some pizza (her favorite).
Decent picture of girls with Grandma and Grandpa.
Our attempt didn't go as well.

Then of course it was singing "Happy Birthday" and blowing out candles.
(we actually did this a couple times, since she loved it and I was trying to take pictures!)
Yes, I realize our baby has the fire starter, and you better believe she stuck it right in the frosting!

Yummy cake!

She played with her new toys and had a fun evening.
Both Daddy and I tucked her into bed, and once again, I was very proud of myself
for keeping my composure as she snuggled in and says
"I love you Mommy!"

Oh baby girl,
I love you too.

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, Ana! She is such a doll. Three is such a fun age, you're gonna love it! And great job on the sprinkles!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I might have just commented twice. Didn't see my comment here from earlier so tried again and realized you have to approve it first, whoops! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!