Monday, June 29, 2009

Hello all! First off, I would like to again Congratulate the newly wed Mr and Mrs Kelli and Nick Proulx, and Lars and Jenn Teigan! Best wishes to all of you in your futures together; marriage is a ton of work, but I can honestly say... I've never made a better decision!!!
The weekend was a busy one, but even though that was the case, I managed to get 2 nights of a solid 8 hour sleep!!! WOO HOO!!! Pretty sure it's been at least a few months since I've managed that!!! Friday we attended the "Proulx" wedding and enjoyed seeing old friends and my family. We didn't stay too long however, since I had not been to bed in over 30 hours! Miss Lila was a doll and everyone commented on how simply darling and delicious she is (not that we need reminders!!!). On Saturday, we had a laid back start to the day and my great hubby even let me take almost a 2 hour nap, even though I had just slept for 8 hours!! Hooray! Then the day kicked in, and we hustled to get out the door. Lila stayed the night with Granny and Grandpa Volovsek, while mommy and daddy went to Lars and Jenn's wedding in Mora, MN. It was quite a long drive, so I'm glad she didn't come with. That night she stayed with the grandparents and me and Ryan again found the bliss of 8 hours!!! What pure heaven!
Sunday was a working day. We inherited some old cabinets from my step-sisters husband that we refinished (kinda) and put up in the garage to organize some of our clutter. Barb and Rich brought Lila down to us, and then helped us until the early evening! Barb... let me just say, I LOVE YOU! Seriously, my laundry was completely done and I never touched the washer!!! What a great mom-in-law!
I'm now back at work for the next few days, but look forward to the holiday weekend! I'm so excited to go out on my Mom and Alan's boat with Lila for the first time, and we're hoping to get together with some friends on the 4th! Should be a great long weekend, I can't wait!
I know this is getting long, but I have to ask for one thing... a while ago, I emailed my family for some prayers for the daughter of one of my co-workers. Mary is 3 years old and has been fighting cancer for some time now. She is quite the fighter and has been very strong through chemo and all her treatments. She had been doing quite well and everyone was very optimistic. Last week however, they again found the cancer in her bone marrow, as well as in some of her bones and her prognosis in only 10% chance of survival. I ask that you pray for Mary and her family, I can't even begin to fathom the heartache they must be going through. Please keep this tough little girl in your thoughts! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!