Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Volovsek Reunion 2009


This is a handful of pictures from camping this past weekend. I was REALLY dreading it, as camping is not my forte to begin with and then adding an 8 month old to the picture... eeh. However, I have to say that all things considered, I did rather enjoy myself. It was pretty darn hot, but cooled down nicely at night. ( So much so, in fact, that we brought Lila into bed with us because it was warmer!) I discoved that coin operated showers are a gift from above and $1.25 will get you 7 1/2 minutes of heaven!
It was good to see all of Ryan's extended family, as we really don't see them very often. Lila was a very good girl, aside from waking up in the middle of the night both nights. I of course, was worried because tents aren't exactly soundproof, but I was reassured that everyone has been there, and no one was upset about the middle of the night wails!
Lila got LOTS of love and snuggles from everyone there and was quick to share smiles with just about anyone! She did NOT like the water AT ALL, which suprised me because she loves her baths. She tolerated having her toes in the water, but anything beyond that prompted a full-on meltdown!
I didn't get a chance to wish everyone a Happy Father's Day, as we spent quite a length of time Sunday on the road, then unpacking here at home. Lila and I did however give Ryan his first official Father's Day present that night, and I think Ryan really liked his Ice Cream Maker!! We actually might give it a try tonight!
I have to go back to work tonight, which is always tough after spending a chunk of time at home, but ya gotta do whatcha gotta do, right? It makes it easier that I like my job, but the weather was forcasting some rainstorms, so I'm betting it will be busy. Actually, on my first night back, sometimes that makes it easier. Time goes quick and it's much easier to stay awake! Well, Lila is sick of playing by herself, so we're gonna go have some breakfast and take a nap!!! Have a great week!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!