Thursday, July 2, 2009

All for the green

Seriously, I must be some kind of sadist...

I spent all day on Monday, awake with Lila, then went to work for my usual 12 hour shift. In the effort of saving time and some money, I did grocery shopping on the way home Tuesday morning, so only managed about 4 1/2 hours of sleep before heading back to work. I walked into absolute chaos at work and ended up staying for 16 hours instead of just 12. This meant I didn't get home again and in bed until just before 1pm yesterday. At 4:30pm when Ryan and Lila got home, I was awakened to the pure sweetness of Lila's smiling face just inches from mine and her chubby little hand patting my cheek! After a mere 3 1/2 hours of sleep, this was probably the best thing to wake up to! Regardless, it was still near impossible to drag my sorry butt out of bed, and get ready to do another 12, followed up by staying up with Lila on Thursday.

I am now in the middle of my last 12 hour shift... still 6 hours to go and wondering what the heck I was thinking when I decided to add an extra 4 crazy hours to my current 36 in 3 days?!? Oh, that's right... the green stuff. It looks so good in theory, but right now, I'm just not sure it's enough, bah! Oh well, I'm tough (I think). Thank goodness that after tonight I'm off the holiday weekend!

Now, back to work... better get another cup of coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!