Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sunshine

Oh it is so good to see the sun! I'm so ready for summer... aaahhh! Tank tops, flip-flops, brats on the grill, and a cold one! What could be better?? Seriously?! The weekend didn't start out feeling like summer, but it sure ended like it! Friday I watched the pouring rain, Saturday the sun came out, but it was so darn blustery, you still needed a jacket. Sunday however... Sunday was WONDERFUL!!!

I was supposed to go and watch my mom's dance recital on Friday night. However, I was so tired after working all week and getting very little sleep that I felt a little sick to my stomach and almost a little delirious, so I didn't make it. I was pretty bummed, it's the first recital I've EVER missed :( I also wanted to bring Lila and let my mom see her, and show her off a little. But honestly, I don't think it would have been safe to be driving. I did hear that it was a very good show. Hopefully, I'll get to see some performance (maybe Mt. Dew Days or something!)

Saturday was an early one. We got up with the sun and packed up the Tahoe and drove up to my Dad's. We spent the day at the lake, getting the dock and boat in , and putting in a few new flowers/plants. We also had a little celebration for my niece Payton's 8th B-day! It really turned out to be a nice day! The weather would have been much nicer if the wind had died down a bit, but the sun was out, so I was happy!

Sunday was great! Lila did NOT sleep well on Saturday, so it was a slow start to the morning, but once we all got geared up, we were actually rather productive! The yard got mowed, dog poop picked up, we planted 5 trees in our yard, and went to Bob's Country Garden and got some shrubs and bushes to plant in an area in our front yard in place of the dead sod! The weather was perfect and I was a happy camper. The only thing that could've made it better would have been not having to go to work! I had picked up a shift that night and missed out on some neighborhood BBQ (I guess Tom's wings were Awesome!) I did however, have a pretty good night at work, had a lovely delivery with a great family! Thank you God for such an amazing job!

I'm working the next few nights and Ryan has been busy at work too. It's gonna be go-go-go for the next week or so. I'm in my friend Sarah's wedding on Saturday, so the weekend is going to be busy, and then Ryan leaves for Atlanta next Wed for 3 days, and I'll head back to work that Friday. Pretty much, we'll have Monday and Tuesday open. Oh well, I'll take what I can get!!!

Sorry this is so long, but I have to throw one more thing in there...


I want to give the BIGGEST congratulations to a friend/co-worker/inspiration of mine! This amazing woman gave birth to her third baby, a boy, this morning in the peace and calm of her own home. He was a whopping 11lbs. and 4 oz! Way to go Sarah! You are so Amazing! Congratulations!
Anyway, have to go, sorry again about this being so long! Hope you all have a happy week, enjoy the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!