Thursday, November 14, 2013

A quick trip to Wisconsin

Last weekend we made a quick trip to Wisconsin.  
It's been far too long since we've spent time with Papa, so we loaded
up the truck, hounds too, and off we went.

My dad and Ryan made quick work of a small project.
And by small I mean.... 


The girls found great joy in traipsing around picking up sticks, 
and getting short rides behind Papa's trailer.
It was really a very enjoyable visit and it always feels so good to spend
time with family.  The girls love being there, and are anxious for the 
next time we make the trip!







We Love You Papa!  

We then made the short jaunt over to our friends and spent the night there.  Playing a few games, relaxing by the fire, and enjoying some good company! 

Elle was learning the rules of SORRY!


We took a lovely morning walk on Sunday. The girls loved walking through the woods, and climbing on the trees.  We had one short fall from a branch that resulted in a split lip, a few tears and we were on our way.  (Elle is our tough girl!)




The other little mishap was that Lila, in all her oblivious glory, was tearing around in the woods and plowed full bore into a swampy muck puddle!  She was quite distraught as she was stuck in the mud up to her shins, and I know it wasn't very motherly of me... but I couldn't help but laugh my butt off!!!  Especially when I pulled her out and she only cried harder because I tugged her out and left her shoe behind in the muck!  Hahahaha!

Fortunatley we were close to the cabin, so a quick outdoor strip, a change of clothes and we were good to go!

It was a great trip, although short!  Can't wait to be back there!

1 comment:

I love comments!