Friday, April 23, 2010

Welcome Elaina Grace!!!!

... And Elaina makes 4!

She's here! Our beautiful little blessing!

Elaina Grace Volovsek arrived April 21st, 2010 at 12:32am.
7lbs 1oz. with a full head of brown hair and a pout you can't believe!

She is here a little ahead of schedule, but I'm so happy with how everything went, it doesn't make a bit of difference!

Tuesday evening my Dr. broke my water to get labor started because I possibly had low amniotic fluid levels. I was very happy that labor kicked in on it's own and I didn't need to have any Pitocin to help things along. By 9:30pm I was pretty uncomfortable and by 11pm I am pretty sure I was one of "those" women all of us labor nurses hate. But, I had the BEST nurse (Gina, you were an angel!) and 2 great coaches!!! (Ryan and my friend Chelsie)! I got 1 dose of IV pain medication and it was enough to get me through! Soon I was able to push and less than 10 minutes later, out she came! I still can't believe it! The whole experience was amazing and I couldn't be happier!!!

She's so far been a laid back sweet girl! She sleeps well, eats well, poops REALLY well! Ha! Lila is pretty good with her, but needs reminding on the whole "gentle" concept! She's very interested in her and likes to touch, Ryan and I are going to need our eagle-eyes on her every second! It's been a fairly relaxing few days at home and we're looking forward to the weekend and having some visitors to come meet her!

I'll try to post again soon, but I'm adjusting to a life as mother of 2 and it might take a little work! Wish me luck!!! Happy weekend to everyone!

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous family you have!!! I'm so excited for you! Enjoy your time at home! Love and hugs! Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!