Friday, February 5, 2010

cough, sniff, cough.... repeat

Will it ever end???

Seriously, I feel like my baby has been sick ALL winter. I was thrilled that she finally seemed to be healthy for over a week, then Tuesday came along and that thought went down the drain :(
So, Lila is sick again.

I did take her to the pediatrician on Wednesday, even though I wasn't too concerned. She has a nasty cough and woke up with a mild fever, but seemed in most part, her usual spunky self. Of course, it was "just a virus" and Tylenol and time would take care of it. I thought she was feeling a little better yesterday after sleeping better Tuesday night (thanks to Benadryl, Motrin, Vicks, and a humidifier), but she woke again this morning with a temp of 102.5 and obviously feeling rotten. Poor baby.

I've never felt so helpless as when this little girl looks up at me, big tears rolling down her rosy cheeks, boogers everywhere (sorry, but it's the truth), and I can't do anything for her, but hold her. It absolutely breaks my heart. To top it off.... I have to go back to work tonight for my long 6 out of 7 day stretch. That means I have to entrust all my "snuggle and comfort" skill to Daddy. Now, not to say that Ryan won't take the very best care of her, but as a mom, you still feel that only you can do it the BEST way.

Well, she's finally napping, so I'm gonna grab a shower and maybe a quick nap myself. Hope everyone has a good, HEALTHY Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!