Thursday, January 29, 2015

Grandview Weekend

Last weekend Ryan and I spent a very much needed weekend away!
My parent took the girls and Friday afternoon, Ry and I packed up and headed
north to Nisswa to stay at Grandview Lodge!  We were there last spring for our
friends wedding and liked the place, so decided on a return trip.

I have to say, it was probably the most relaxed I've been in a very Very long time.

There was no plan.  No agenda.  Nothing but time together, good food, talking,
sleeping, watching a movie, and having fun!
I was sad the weekend went by so quick, but I went home happy and rested!
Ry, I love you so much!  Thank you for the most wonderful weekend!!!

~We stopped for lunch on our way out of town and started the weekend right with one of these!!  It was as delicious as it looks!!! ~

~Welcome to Grandview!!~


~We had a great dinner the first night, and since the weather was relatively warm, we took a nice stroll after.  There are lights up all over the place and it was wonderful and romantic! ~

~The next morning we enjoyed the AMAZING buffet (I'm a breakfast food fanatic if you didn't know) and took a stroll down to the lake afterwards.  There was an ice fishing tournament on the lake that day and there were literally thousands of people heading out onto the ice... made for a nice quiet day at the resort!!~

~We took a horse drawn wagon ride, and I'll admit to the horse-geek in me... it was one of my favorite parts of the weekend!  I love horses and had a great time listening to the clip clop and the jingle of the bells on their harness!  Made me a very happy girl!~


I know I look like a giant nerd, but I was so happy!

Don't you just want to touch it?  Their noses are so soft and velvety!
~The rest of the weekend was low-key as well.  We went for a slog (slow-jog), spent time in the hot tub, watched a movie, ate, drank, slept.... it was perfect!  I can't wait for the next time we get away!~
Hows that burger Ry?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!