Sunday, August 25, 2013

Family weekend -

I've been so horrible this summer at keeping up with posting.
We've been crazy busy and the season has FLOWN by!

However, the last 2 weekends, have been blessedly calm.
Just staying close to home, spending time together as a family, and enjoying
this last push of summer.

I have two posts ready from all the crazyness that has been our life since 
mid-July, but tonight, I feel like sharing a taste of our lovely family weekend.
A weekend I wish wasn't ending already.



~ Friday morning, Ryan took the day off and stayed home with the girls.  Before I left
for work that day, all 4 of us had the pleasure of watching a handful of hummingbirds
zooming and zipping around just outside our kitchen window.  
I have a very soft spot in my heart for these tiny creatures, and I left for work
with a HUGE smile on my face.
After I left, the girls were occupied and Ryan took his coffee and the camera
to the porch.  He caught them on camera for me and sent me a little snippet
to see at work! I was a happy girl and it was a great way to kick off my weekend!
 


~Saturday was relaxed and enjoyable.  Other than the miserable, WAY TOO HOT
run I attempted, the whole day was a joy! The afternoon brought a visit from our
dear friends and a great evening with some big laughs!  Heather, Jason, it's 
ALWAYS a pleasure to visit with you and the girls! We are totally on board with
that trip idea.... lets make it happen!
Me and my sweet Goddaughter, Landree!
~Heather will probably kill me for posting this... but it's too funny not to share!


~Today was all about us.  Just the 4 of us.  
We relaxed the morning away, had french toast for breakfast, and decided
to make the most of the heat and packed up and headed for the waterpark!
We've never been there before, and given that it's a million degrees out,
we expected it to be packed.  Much to our suprise, there was lots of room
to just kick back and enjoy!  It was a lot of fun, and a great way to spend some 
time together!  We ended our day on a sweet note with some cookie baking
and mmmm mmmm mmmm... They are YUMMY!
Morning snuggles.  "Mama, I be your baby forever!!"   Mmmm, melt my heart!
Playing so well together! Lila was helping Elaina put her puzzle together.





WORE. OUT.

Goofball.

Oops... I guess I got them a little too crowded?!  Ah well... they still taste delicious!
 
I love time with my most beloved, and as I get ready to put my girls to bed tonight,
I feel happy, satisfied, and very very Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!