The weather has been pretty nice and our life has been fairly stable.
Ive done a lot of reflecting and thinking this past month.
What our life looks like, how our girls are growing up so fast, our
10 year anniversary is just around the corner... our jobs, our home, family...
Lots to feel grateful for.
As I missed the actual Thanksgiving day post... I'll put one up a few days late
about the things I'm thankful for. There are many things, but I'm just picking the
1) This man. Oh, how lucky I am to have him in my life!
The reasons I'm thankful for him are too numerous to list.. you'll just have to take my word for it. He's pretty awesome!
3) Elaina Grace. This one... She is one of the most unique personality combinations I have ever met! Fiery and strong-willed, yet one of the most tender-hearted and emotionally in tune sweetheart you'll ever meet. We have a daily battle of wills and she challenges me constantly, but when something isn't right, she is right there to make sure you know she loves you and gives the best hugs around! Sassy and silly, she is a light in our lives!
4) My family... all of them. The nuts included. I'm thankful to have such a widely varied
and extended family. From Ryan and the girls to parents, grandparents, siblings, cousins, near and far! I'm thankful for all of them!
5) My career. My job is a true passion of mine. Something I'm proud of and believe I'm good at.
I have the opportunity to care for families in some of the most precious and intimate moments
of their lives and work hard to make it the best experience for them. Although my hours and schedule are unusual and often taxing, I'm still very happy to be able to do what I do
6) My health and fitness. I'm not perfect, I have illnesses and setbacks, but when I think about
all the things I could be dealing with, it's pretty great to realize how lucky I am.
7) Coffee. Because it's a good thing
8) Bacon. Because this is almost a perfect food. Don't argue. It's a fact.
9) My camera. I used it a lot this fall and am so grateful for the ability to pick it up,
and make something special out of what I see. Both for myself and for other families!
10) The beautiful fall we had!
11) The snow that is falling softly outside the window right now as I write this
12) Some very dear special friends. You know who you are. Those that fulfill
me and know all the little pieces of me (and love me anyways!) I love you
and am forever appreciative of your roles in my life!
13) My laptop. Because I love it. It's awesome
14) My pretty Christmas tree, all lit up, full of color and memories!
15) Did I mention coffee?
16) Christmas cards! The first ones of the season are slowly trickling in, and
oh, how I love them! I can't wait to fill our wall with them!
17) Sleep. I'm thankful for it when I get it, and long for it when I don't
(which is more often than not)
18) Our rowing machine. Because it stares at me from our front room and reminds
me NOT to eat the Christmas cookies sitting in the bag on the kitchen counter!
The list goes on and on... but it's time for me to attempt that Sleep thing I mentioned!
Have a happy snowy Monday!