Friday, January 10, 2014

A new year

Jeremiah 29:11
 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

A few nights ago, Ryan and I were sitting on the couch watching a video on a guy that has
recently (at the risk of sounding corny), Inspired us.  
He's a 3time title holder of The Fittest Man on Earth, and he's humble, and motivated, and dedicated, and faithful. 
(and ladies... he's pretty amazing to look at, so that's a bonus)!

Anyway, he was talking about how he manages stress and his concept was very simple.
He doesn't.  
He works hard at what he feels like he is supposed to do, and lets God take care of the rest.

For some reason, that really struck me.

I've been dealing with trying to find my balance for many months now. My stress and anxiety seem to climb higher and higher 
over things that really shouldn't cause that much internal chaos.  I have a steady job, 
a good home, 2 sweet girls, and a terrific husband.  
I have my health, and friends, and family that love me.  
So what is there really to stress about?  

Maybe I should take a cue, and work on letting Him handle things. 
We've got some big things coming up this year, and just thinking about it gets me all freaked out and worried... 
maybe if I just trust that I'm taken care of, this will all be a little easier and more enjoyable.  

I think it's a good way to start the New Year.



* Also, if you are interested... a quick clip of Rich Froning. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubCJx23Y4S4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!