Sunday, January 13, 2013

It is Minnesota after all...

Last weekend was great!
We enjoyed the warm temps and sunshine by spending time both outside and in.
Making progress on our home, and playing with our girls!
In case you were wondering... a roll of carpet pad makes an excellent Horse!

We have a hill in our backyard and for the first time, we took advantage of it!
The tube now has a hole in it, and the sled cracked when it hit a rock, but the 
good ole' Fleet Farm tobaggans have held up, so I hope this won't be our last
sledding adventure of the year.


The girls then wanted to shovel, so while they "worked",
Ryan and I sat in the porch chairs (yes, we still haven't put the patio furniture away.)
and basked in the sunshine!
I felt like I needed a froofy drink with a little hot pink umbrella!
Then Boone decided he should be a lap dog.
It happens.

This weekend has also been great!
The temperature however, leaves something to be desired.
Brrrrrrrr......
I know this is Minnesota, but geez... 
There was no dipping our toes in, just to get used to it.
This was a full-on Cannonball into the freezing temps.
Ick.

My sister-in-law, Kim and her family took Lila and Elle to their house for the 
weekend.  So from Friday night, until about an hour ago,  Ryan and I were each
others only responsibility! 
It was fabulous!
Hockey, sleeping in, quiet coffee, lunch/dinner date, a movie, drinks, fun!
P.F. Changs ~ Sesame chicken!

With the wind blowing outside, my family is asleep.  I'm going to sit and read quietly
with a cup of joe in my hands, before going to make some homemade chicken soup!
That sounds perfect to me on this icy cold winter day!
(but anytime summer feels like showing up, both Lila and I will be quite happy!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!